How to see all of your Performance Max DataMar 28, 2023
Do you love Performance Max, but hate that you can’t see any real data?
And by real data, I mean that you can’t see:
- How much is spent on search, shopping, display & video.
This data is really important because it allows you to be able to make important optimisation decisions like:
- Is it worthwhile to invest more in video ads?
- Do you need to work on optimizing your shopping feed more?
- Are your images actually working in display?
And with all of these real data points, all we get from Google is this “insights tab”, which really tells us nothing.
So if you are like me, you have probably been asking if it is ever going to be possible to see this data.
And the good news is yes, and it’s all because of this guy.
Introducing Mike Rhodes.
Mike is a fellow Australian - like me - who is passionate about making Google Ads easier to use for everyone so that they can get better results.
And he has created this amazing script that exports all of the amazing data to Google sheets.
The big takeaway from the data is that this script and google sheet lets you:
- Make sure that your spend and conversion values are aligned. So if your campaign is spending a large % on search, with no conversions, you know that you need to focus more on your Ad copy.
- Or if your spend on shopping is not providing great results, you know to review your product titles & shopping feed.
- Video and & Display data lets you know if you need to work more on your images & videos.
Now if you would like to learn more about how this script was created and see a deep dive into how to use this data, you can follow the link in the video description below to see an hour-long interview I had with Mike.
It’s important to note that even with the correct data if you need to make sure that you are using the correct Performance Max structure.